Rapid Lax transitioned to join MLXA in June of 2017. With common goals and purpose we hope to bring Girls lax to its next level! We are a multidimensional organization focusing on growing the game of girls lacrosse at the youth and high school level, through comprehensive high level instruction and off-season playing opportunities.
To help your daughter develop into the best player/person she can be on the field and off. We can provide the tools and coaching to help them to grow their skills. If your daughter would like to play in college (club, NAIA, D3, D2, D1), we can assist by providing tools to evaluate schools, programs and then develop a plan to pursue the right fit for their future.
It is our philosophy that girls will be expected to learn offensive and defensive skills during practices and drills. We want our girls to learn to be complete players! In games, we will have girls play in the positions that draw upon their strengths and talents; positions where they can make the greatest contribution to the team. We want our players to be constantly learning well showcased. We will take a play to win approach!
All players are responsible for having the proper equipment and a reversible pinnie. If you are not prepared, you will not play.
Players must be committed to full participation in all practices, training, and tournament events. Players must be willing to play each scheduled tournament.
Coaches will push your daughters to competitive greatness in practice and in tournaments. They will work to make sure your daughters have fun, while learning and growing as players.
Most communication will be electronic. We expect you to access your email accounts on a daily basis to check for updates and announcements. If necessary, please respond to all emails in a timely fashion.
Participants and parents are expected to act respectfully and appropriately. We have a zero tolerance policy for inappropriate behavior from parents and players.
Parents are required to defer to MLXA personnel for all decisions regarding play time and positioning.
We want you to learn, but we also want you to have a great time! Part of a positive club experience includes playing against strong competition, improving your skills, and making new friends.
· Tournament selection focused on giving our players the most exposure to competitive play and college coaches
· Smaller roster sizes (ideally 18 players, maximum of 20), which allows for more individualized attention and playing time
· Personalized guidance and assistance through the collegiate selection and recruiting process
· Intense, goal-focused instruction by college coaches
· Networking with college coaches
· College player mentors that can share advice regarding the selection and recruiting process and provide insight into the expectations of collegiate athletes.
· A fair opportunity to compete, although we do not guarantee equal playing time while in medal contention.